Military Absentee Voting

Absentee Voting Guidelines for Absent Uniform Services Voters and Overseas Voters

If you are listed in our records as a member of the military with an overseas address, or you are a citizen residing overseas, you will be notified by our office of any upcoming elections in which you may be qualified to vote. In this Notice of Election, you will be asked to indicate for which elections you would like to receive an absentee ballot, and your preferred method of transmission of the ballot (mail, email, or fax). It is important that you keep your records current with the Supervisor of Elections Office to preserve your right to vote.

If you do not receive a Notice of Election or are domestic military and would like to request an absentee ballot, just complete the Federal Post Card Applictaion (FPCA) or use one of the other methods listed under our Vote by Absentee page. As a member of the Uniformed Services, if you are stationed outside of the United States or its territories, you may request that your ballot be transmitted to you via mail, email, or fax.

Please note: Only overseas military or civilian voters may return a ballot via fax. Domestic military voters, regardless of the manner in which the ballot was received (mail, email, or fax), MUST return the ballot by mail or in person.

Once you have voted your ballot, carefully follow the instructions on returning your ballot.

To learn more about these methods go the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website.